Minutes – 09/05/17 – Annual Meeting
ANNUAL MEETING OF THE DRAYCOTT PARISH COUNCIL HELD IN THE PARISH ROOMS, ELVASTON STREET, DRAYCOTT ON TUESDAY 9 MAY 2017 AT 7.00PM
PRESENT – Councillors M Selwood, B Rogerson, V Clare, A Wilson, D Dundas, J Fletcher, A McCandless, D Gelsthorpe, B Timberley
1.ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN OF THE PARISH COUNCIL AND THE SIGNING, BY THE CHAIRMAN OF THE DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE – RESOLVED that Councillor V Clare be elected Chairman of the Parish Council for the coming year. The Chairman signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE – Councillor M Alexander
- CO-OPTION OF PARISH COUNCILLOR – RESOLVED the appointment of Mr B Timberley as a co-opted Member. Councillor Timberley signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
- CODE OF CONDUCT – Councillors undertook to observe the Code of Conduct as to the conduct which is expected of members of the Parish Council.
- DECLARATION OF INTEREST – none
The following appointments were RESOLVED
- ELECTION OF VICE-CHAIRMAN – Councillor M Selwood
- ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN, VICE-CHAIRMAN AND MEMBERS OF COMMITTEES –
FINANCE – Councillor B Rogerson
PLANNING AND ENVIRONMENT – Councillor M Alexander
RECREATION (Leisure Green and Playing Fields) – Councillor B Rogerson
ST CHAD’S WATER LNR – Councillor A Wilson
CEMETERY – Councillor M Selwood
PARISH ROOMS – to be overseen by the Chairman of the Parish Council
Vice- Chairman and Members of committees
Finance – Vice -Chairman – M Selwood and Chairman and Vice- Chairman of Committees
Planning and Environment – Vice-Chairman – D Gelsthorpe – Members – A Wilson, J Fletcher
Recreation – Vice-Chairman – V Clare – Members – A Wilson, A McCandless, B Timberley
St Chad’s Water LNR – Vice-Chairman – J Fletcher – Members – D Gelsthorpe and B Rogerson
Cemetery – Vice-Chairman – D Dundas – Members M Alexander and B Timberley
It was noted that the Chairman and Vice-Chairman of the Parish Council are ex-officio Members of all Committees
OTHER APPOINTMENTS –
RISLEY TRUST – Councillor V Clare
1ST DRAYCOTT AND WILNE SCOUT GROUP – Councillor B Rogerson.
DRAYCOTT AND LONG EATON TABLE TENNIS CLUB – Cllr B Rogerson
BOROUGH/PARISH FORUM – Councillors V Clare and M Selwood